Monday, July 19, 2010

Boys will be boys and men too

Met up with some friends after a long time...(made some new ones too!).
They all wondered at how my girls had grown up. Some said I looked the same (Yay! I think...). But I was amazed at how they were still the same and at how much they had changed at the same time...

I knew them as boys. Now I see them as husbands and dads. I see the boys lazing around in chairs. I see the husband quickly getting up and moving into the next room to hold a quiet conversation with the wife. I see the boys joking and pulling each other's legs. I see the dad bragging about his kid's ability to recognize 'brown' or worrying about his child being cranky after missing nap time. I used to see them with back packs, long engineering tools sticking out from them. Now I see them with heavy SLRs and sleek iphones. They are hardly the boys I knew. They haven't changed a bit.

The three hour meet-up was so worth the 300 minute drive.

5 comments:

catcharun said...

yup...it was great you could make it. the only thing i have to add is this: the total age of a group of men is about half that of the total of their actual individual ages.

Madras Mom said...

Din't know about this formula.... must be something u picked up during ur gre prep!

jaaju said...

Didn't know you were blogging! You write well.

Btw, after reading this post, feel bad you are not living close by! Any plans of moving to the bay area?

Senthamizh Naatu Thamizhachi said...

Arun's formula is hilarious :):) And your post really makes me nostalgic .. U must have had a great time indeed ..

Madras Mom said...

@jaaju... u were one of the first to comment on my very first blog almost five years ago! I think it was on yahoo 360!! u forget well! sadly, no plans of moving anywhere!
@meera - thanks!