Friday, March 2, 2012

Second Family

Today is my last day at my current work place. The following people are second family to me. I’ve been and grown at this place for four years and 8 months and it is only fair that I write , if not in stone, somewhere more permanent, about how I feel about them...

The boss is one of the most capable all rounders I have ever met in my life. A total people person. Always in control of what is happening around him. How he manages his whole day in an office full of chattering ladies…I don’t know! The kind of flexibility and freedom that he gave me at this job…I know I will never get anywhere else. Wishing you a journey to great heights.

The smallest person in the office has the largest personality. Conspicuous by absence and presence! Speaks her mind…An open book…one look at her in the morning and you know what her mood is going to be for the rest of the day. A fashionista who is so much in touch with her inner girl. A hard worker who knows how to have fun. Her best quality, I think, is her ability to laugh at herself. Wishing you the ability to buy a BMW in the future.

Call her by one name and look up her email by another! This person, according to me, is the Rock in the office. Cool, calm and composed…always. A smile on her face…always. I’ve overheard many of her phone conversations and have admired the way she handles the stickiest of situations without raising her voice. I’ve never known a more content person in my life. Wishing you good luck in your house hunt.

The baby of the office is only a year old. Smiles when happy… pouts when sad… just like a baby… But a perfect example of ‘Don’t judge the book by the cover’! The sweet and innocent looks belie a smart and thoughtful person. Speaks her mind too… no wonder they get along so well! Love the way her accent changes when talking to the client. I hope her inner child never grows up. Wishing you world travels and whatever that is you are fasting for.

Will miss you guys like crazy…

7 comments:

PREM said...

did not know you blog!

best of luck on your future endeavours. and hope that next job can put you in a lexus :)

prem

Uma said...

You are awesome!!! Love you a lot. I have learnt soooo much from you. I admire your balanced attitude in life. I wish to attain that balance in about 20 years!!! Wishing you the best that life can offer. You will do very well wherever you go because you are very genuine. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Anu:

Wishing you a very best in your life. I will never miss you at all !(because I will never forget you.)
Can you add few more things about a small girl and a baby of the office?

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your all adventures in life..I know two different Anu's ...I am happy that I came to know second Anu tooo...you are gem of a person..keep smiling.

Madras Mom said...

Thanks! Prem.

Madras Mom said...

Uma, thank you so much!

Madras Mom said...

Small girl, I promise a blog completely dedicated to you very soon!