Thursday, November 15, 2007

Had to write about fall

Fall (also known as autumn or ilai udhir kaalam or pathjhad) has become my favourite season. For the first twenty five years in my life i knew only the very hot summer and the mild summer. And mild summer was the time when my asthma used to act up and my mom used to make me wear a sweater to college. yes, you read right, a sweater, IN MADRAS, TO COLLEGE. my friends were generous enough not to laugh at my face. Then I came to Chicago in the November of 1998. It was dark as night at 3 pm and it was already winter that year.
But this november, the weather has been kind - it is still fall and it is beautiful outside. It is cold but not freezing so I can show off my sweaters without hiding them under the ugly winter jacket. yes, i love wearing sweaters now.
and the trees, after wearing a uniform green through the summer are now proudly adorning their beautiful colors (just like we used wear our best color dress to school on saturdays).
Fall has turned leaves into rose petals, gold coins, little flames, landing pads, extra yard work and more. My daughters willingly helped me rake all the fallen leaves in our yard into piles and had loads of fun jumping into them. Then they reluctantly helped me bag them.
Driving around with a camera nowadays (thanks to my bro's advice).
If you want to see what I see - click

3 comments:

catcharun said...

sweaters to schoolaa?? i dont remember any sweater of mine in india..how come you got one?? i guess you are referring to that brown and pink reversible sweatervest..

cool photos ..

Madras Mom said...

excuse me, you had a brown & light brown vest and you also got a pair of maroon gloves in kodaikaanal. how i envied you...

catcharun said...

i am sure there was a brown and maroon reversible one that you had...hello kodai was cold..i was just preparing for the event of heavy snowfall and an ensuing snowball fight